Power cuts can be caused by many different factors such as:
- theft of our equipment- sometimes our substations are broken in to and our equipment is taken
- fire which damages the equipment on our network or in our substations
- birds flying in to our overhead cables
- deterioration or water seeping in to an aging cable
- damages to cables from others for example:
- customers digging in their own garden
- contractors working in the public highway
The length of time to restore your electricity can vary depending on the reason for the power cut. We will work as quickly as we can to restore your electricity as we know how inconvenient this can be to your daily life.
If your electricity keeps going on and off it could be that your power cut is a transient or intermittent fault. Power cuts caused by this type of fault are very difficult to locate underground as they are very small, you can watch our video below if you want to know more about transient faults.