We are able to offer the latest type of low loss transformers to allow companies to take full advantage of reducing their site operating voltage together with the core and 'on load' losses that will be achieved by installing a new transformer.
Voltage reduction does not produce energy savings with all types of electrical load. Equipment deemed to be voltage independent such as variable speed drives, high frequency lighting ballast and switch-mode power supplied would not typically be affected by voltage optimisation.
A new low loss transformer can offer significant benefits to companies looking to:
- replace aging or obsolete equipment
- drive down energy spend across single or multiple sites
- address environmental responsibilities such as improving your carbon footprint.
In addition, low loss transformers are:
- built to IEC60076/BSEN60076 standard
- interchangeable with most transformer installations
- require no additional voltage optimisation to be installed as a second stage
- designed to tap up or tap down to optimise voltage requirements for individual sites.
We can provide an assessment of your network and advise you on any potential savings that could be made by replacing your existing transformer with a new low loss equivalent.
For more information contact the private networks team.